Who we are
HLANGANANI ENGINEERS & PROJECT MANAGERS is an ISO 9001 internationally accredited consulting civil engineering company renowned for service delivery. The company was established in 1997 and has a current staff complement of 25 people. We are a proudly South African business with a Level 2 BBBEE rating. The engineering expertise provided by the company is founded on dependable, cost effective design solutions that ensure successful project implementation within strict time and budget constraints. Hlanganani places great emphasis on community participation on all projects.
It is the vision of Hlanganani to be a reputable company in the consulting engineering environment, renowned for delivering sustainable growth based upon ever improving Client satisfaction.
Hlanganani believes in the empowerment of all our staff, as well as maintaining a high standard of engineering as expected of professionals. We do not comprise on the excellent quality of our work and the high standards of our business ethics.
Hlanganani holds the following company values:
- Excellent service and the highest quality of engineering.
- Conducting of business with honesty, integrity, respect, excellence, diligence,
openness and fairness.
- Improving productivity and efficiency.
- Politically non-aligned and promoting the principles of equal opportunities,
social responsibility and participation in our dealings with Clients, personnel
and supporting stakeholders.
- Acknowledge our responsibility to our personnel by creating career
development opportunities and striving for a high level of job satisfaction.
- A well balanced approach to development taking all relevant environmental aspects into consideration, which also seeks to protect, preserve and
enhance the environment.
- All our suppliers will be treated fairly and professionally according to sound
and legal business practices.
- Hlanganani has extensive experience in a wide range of municipal infrastructure services projects undertaken for various local municipalities, provincial government as well as private sector Clients.
- Management, rehabilitation and upgrading of municipal networks such as sewer, water and stormwater.
- Township development and servicing for new and existing erven.
- Residential lifestyle estates.
- Outfall sewers, pump stations, rising mains, sewer networks and small
- Stormwater management and planning.
- Water networks, bulk supply pipelines, pump stations and small water
- Urban streets and stormwater drainage.
- Bus Rapid Transit (BRT, SPTN, IRPTN) Route Design.
- National, provincial and rural roads and bridge structures.
- Reservoirs and water towers.
- Steel structures and multi-storey concrete buildings.
- Labour-intensive construction projects.
- Trenchless technology to latest international best practice.
- Building related (bulk earthworks, parking areas, services and stormwater
- Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality
- Johannesburg Water
- Johannesburg Roads Agency
- Johannesburg Development Agency
- City of Joburg Property Company
- Rand Water
- City of Tshwane
- Department of Public Works
- North West Province – Directorate Roads
- South African National Roads Agency – SANRAL
- Gauteng Department of Transport & Public Works – GAUTRANS
Hlanganani has completed projects for a broad range of Clients. The company management and skilled personnel employed is representative of the experience and expertise offered. (A complete list of projects is available on request.) Some of our major Clients currently are:
In support of our high quality of our work, Hlanganani is ISO 9001: 2008 accredited (cert no A1489SA).
Professional Indemnity Insurance
Hlanganani Engineers and Project Managers has professional indemnity insurance cover to the value of R15 million with AON. This insurance can be extended to cover projects around the globe.
Hlanganani Engineers and Project Managers is a member of Consulting Engineers South Africa (CESA) and the South African Road Federation (SARF). In addition, Hlanganani is also a member firm of Southern African Society for Trenchless Technology (SASTT) and South African Black Technical and Allied Careers Organisation (SABTACO).
The company is fully equipped with the latest, internationally recognised and well known support systems and technology.
Hlanganani Engineers and Project Managers has offices in Pretoria, Johannesburg and Rustenburg.